- The Latino Talent Awards will recognize the work, service, and voluntarism of many Hispanic/Latinos in Michigan.
- The Latino Talent Awards will honor the unsung heroes of Michigan’s Hispanic community
Detroit, Mich. – To celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month for the fifth time the Hispanic/Latino community will celebrate the Talentos Latinos Awards (Latino Talent Awards) and event organized by Minority Education Freedom Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and Latinos En Michigan TV.
The Latino Talent Awards seeks to highlight the diversity of the Latino community and recognize the work, service and contributions of many Hispanic/Latinos unsung heroes who work hard for the betterment of the Latino community in Michigan.
The Talentos Latinos Awards will give recognition to Hispanic/Latino professionals from different industries such as nonprofit organizations, finance, economic development, manufacturing, health care, and much more. These Latinos have not only excelled in their respective fields but have made a significant impact in the Hispanic/Latino community in Michigan.
The event will be held on October 12 from 6:30 PM to 10:30 PM, at The Lincoln Manor – Banquet Hall & Event Center in the city of Lincoln Park in Wayne County, Michigan. This year’s proceeds will help fund the Minority Education Freedom Foundation’s programs aimed at promoting art, voluntarism, and entrepreneurship among Hispanic/Latinos in Michigan.
The event also features the diverse culture of the Hispanic/Latino Community with live performances of Local Latinos artists from Mexico and Panama, and folkloric dances from Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, and Peru.
The awards were created by Colombian journalist and immigrant Liliana Ospina, the founder of Latinos En Michigan TV, an online digital news outlet focused on creating video content and disseminating news and information to uplift the Hispanic/Latino community in Michigan.
In 2019, Liliana Ospina created the Latino Talent Awards to honor those who, through volunteerism and hard work, help the Hispanic community, becoming unsung heroes in Michigan.
Originally Talentos Latinos began as a section that highlighted through video content positive stories and the work of Latinos whose commitment, work, and volunteering, helped improve the lives of fellow Hispanic/Latinos in Michigan. The stories were the basis for launching the awards to recognize these important community actors.
About the Event
Since the beginning, the Latino Talent Awards have been well received by the community, and usually, the Hispanic community nominates the person they think deserves an award.
The Latino Talent Awards feature the following categories:
1. Latino Legacy Award: an award given to a senior individual who has worked for the community.
2. Amigo de Los Latinos Award: An award given to a non-Latino who has helped the Latino community over the years.
3. Altruismo Latino: An Award given to a Latino philanthropist.
4. Héroe de La Salud Award: An award given to a Latino physician or nurse practitioner who helps the community.
5. Latino Community Leader: An award given to a person who works for the betterment of our community.
6. Activist Artist Latino: An award given to a Hispanic individual who promotes the arts and culture.
7. Michigan Latino Media Personality: An award given to a Michigan Hispanic journalist or broadcaster.
8. Latino Business Ambassador: An award presented to an individual who promotes Hispanic entrepreneurship and business in Michigan.
9. Michigan Latino Entrepreneur: An award given to a Latino entrepreneur or business owner.
10. Talento Musical Latino: An award presented to an artist who performs Mexican music in a Michigan business establishment.
11. Voluntario Latino: An award presented to person who volunteers to help the community.
12. Latinos Business leader: An award presented to a Latino(a) businessman or businesswoman in Michigan.
Tickets for the event are priced at $60 per person, including strolling dinner, wine and beer, and a show featuring folklore from various Latin American countries.
The event features
The Latino Talent Awards is a Black-Tie, Red-Carpet event. It will feature live Latin music and performances representing countries such as Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, Panama, and Peru.
About Latinos En Michigan TV
Latinos En Michigan TV was created in October 2016 by Liliana Ospina, a “mompreneur”, to share news and video content for the Hispanic Community that was not bilingual and was missing out on important information regarding community resources and help. Ever since the beginning, the information has been shared on its own social media networks and its Web site www.latinosenmichigantv.com becoming the number one independent digital news outlet for the Hispanic community in Michigan.